John Rossi was born in Denver, Colorado, on January 26, 1939. He received an engineering degree from the Colorado School of Mines in 1961. John has been a registered professional engineer in Colorado since
John studied law at the University of Houston and the University of Denver. He was admitted to the Colorado bar in 1966. John served as the President of the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys in 1992 and continues to be a valuable member of that organization. John is a member of the Aurora Bar Association and served as Vice-President of that Association in 1970. He is also a member of the Denver and Colorado Bar Associations, the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and the Association of Trial
Lawyers of America.
John is the founder of Rossi Vucinovich P.C.
John Rossi established Rossi, Cox & Vucinovich, P.C., in 1967 (then known as Morrisard & Rossi, P.C.). His career has been dedicated to advocating for railroad employees and helping them assert their rights under the provisions of the Federal Employers’ Liability Act. He has tried over two hundred (200) cases and has settled over a thousand cases during his career. John has been recognized in “The Best Lawyers in America” for his excellence in personal injury litigation and railroad law.
In addition to his trial work and pre-trial negotiations, John has also influenced the direction of Federal Employers’ Liability Act law in the following appellate cases:
- Johnson v. Amtrak, 989 P.2d 245 (Colo. App. 1999);
- Dalebout v. Union Pacific R.R. Co., 980 P.2d 1194 (Utah 1999);
- Wilkinson v. Union Pacific R.R. Co., 975 P.2d 464 (Utah 1998);
- Thornton v. Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe, 11 F. Supp. 2d 1311 (10th Cir. 1997);
- Wieczorek v. Southern Pac. Transp. Co., 1998 U.S. App. LEXIS 11714 (10th Cir.);
- Green v. Denver & Rio Grande Western R. R. Co., 59 F.3d 1029 (10th Cir. 1995);
- Chubb V. Union Pacific R. R. Co., 908 F. Supp. 853 (D. Colo. 1995);
- Yoch V. Burlington N. R. R., 608 F. Supp. 597 (D. Colo. 1985);
- Betoney v. Union Pacific R. R. Co., 701 P.2d 62 (Colo. App. 1984);
- Krow V. Union Pacific R. R. Co., 685 P.2d 782 (Colo. App. 1984);
- Swartwood v. Burlington Northern, Inc., 669 P.2d 1051 (Colo. App. 1983);
- Marlow v. Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe, 671 P.2d 438 (Colo. App. 1983);
- Rodriguez v. Denver & Rio Grande W. R. R. Co., 512 P.2d 652 (Colo. App. 1973).
In addition to his professional attributes, John is a credit to the community. He is a generous supporter of charities, the arts and virtually every Colorado-based sporting event; and although he has retired from practice he still appears on behalf of the firm at various events.