JANUS V. AFSCME DECISION DAY TOOLKIT
America needs unions: Workers are more resolved than ever to stick together
We are asking our friends to do three simple things to amplify AFSCME’s key message that workers are more resolved than ever to stick together and fight back against any attacks that attempt to divide us. That’s because America needs unions now more than ever to fix a democracy and economy rigged in favor of the wealthy and powerful.
- Amplify AFSCME‘s message on social media with a Norma Rae-themed action (see samples below).
- Issue and share a statement that lifts up the value of unions to our communities, call on our elected officials and candidates to do everything in their power to make it easier for working people to join together in unions and highlights how this attack on unions is an attack on all working people. (For guidance please refer to the joint statement from AFSCME, AFT, NEA, and SEIU)
- Continue to stand with us in the days and weeks ahead to help drive policy at all levels that make it easier for working people to join unions.
SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA
- This case was an attack on unions and an attack on working people & the causes we fight for every day. We stand with our union brothers & sisters. No court case will stop our movement. #Union.
- Show your solidarity with working people by tweeting your “union” photo with #Union.
- Or post this photo with the above response and ask people to share it [Click here for image]
- Unions sustain our families and make our communities stronger. Working people will stick together and organize to fight back against any attempt to divide and weaken us. #union
- Unions are the best way to unrig our economy and democracy. We’re calling on our elected leaders and candidates to do everything in their power to make it easier for working people to join unions. #Union
- #Unions are one of the most effective vehicles to move people into the middle class, especially for women and people of color. We must organize, hold our elected leaders accountable, and fight back against efforts to divide us and weaken the strength in numbers we need to sustain our families and make our communities stronger.
- Today, the Supreme Court ruled on a well-funded case attacking workers’ power in unions. Let’s show that America needs unions now more than ever. Share this image or a photo of yourself with a “union” sign using #Union to show we’re sticking together. [Click here for image]